Sunday, June 26, 2011

Eventually You Will Get Zits

As a teenager when most of my peers were fighting the daily pimple battle, I was lucky enough to have a clear complexion.  I never had to know the frustration of hoping beyond hope that Stridex would erase the red knot on the end of my chin before school on Monday.  Of course, I was called "reflector legs" frequently since I could be the whitest white person alive, but nevertheless, I was zit-less.  Then, when I was 40, my life was turned upside-down.  I was on my own with my two children, and I was broke.  That should be enough for any human to deal with at once; however, I got the pleasure of adding serious breakouts to the mix.  For two years now, I have had zits.  And not just any zits, mind you.  They are extra-terrestrial in nature, seemingly coming out of nowhere, bulbous and enormous.  They never really go away either.  Sometimes they sort of shrink to a realitively normal size, but again they burst forth like a freaking once-dormant volcano.  Nothing makes them go away.  Nothing.  I have tried every over the counter offer, prescription medicines, hot-compresses, salt comounds, toothpaste, and Windex.  Yes.  I said Windex.  If you don't understand why I tried this remedy, ask a Greek.  Anyway.  There IS a lesson in this, I have decided.  Just when you think you have escaped a bumpy (no pun intended, of course) path, life will let you know you were mistaken.  Don't get me wrong.  Things will get better; they always do.  Just know that eventually you will get zits.

No comments:

Post a Comment